General Construction Courses,
General Health & Safety,
Manufacturing & Engineering
This course is specifically designed to inform learners of the reasons for and benefits of wearing / using Personal Protective Equipment.
It is expected that learners will understand how risks should be controlled, the importance of PPE and the part in plays in protecting their safety and health from the hazards in the workplace.
Learners should also have an appreciation of the legal and moral duties of both employer and employees regarding the provision and use of PPE.
The goal is that learners will wear / use PPE not only to comply with company policy / site rules but because they see the benefits for their personal safety and health.
- Module 1 | Background (including historical and legislative context)
- Module 2 | Controlling workplace hazards (the hierarchy of controls and risk assessment)
- Module 3 | What is PPE? (defining what is considered to be PPE and examples of the various standards and types available for each category)
- Module 4 | Responsibilities (employer and employee duties regarding the provision and use of PPE)
- Module 5 | The problems with PPE (group exercise followed by a tutor led discussion on the issues that workers have with PPE)
- Module 6 | Workplace safety hazards and personal protection (using relevant hazards from your company’s workplace/activities with examples of incidents where injury could have been prevented by donning PPE)
- Module 7 | Workplace health hazards and personal protection (using relevant hazards from your company’s workplace and activities with examples of ill health conditions suffered by workers that could have been prevented by donning PPE / RPE)
Exam (15 Multiple Choice Questions)