NPORS Safe Use of Abrasive WheelsDownload PDF
vailable through NPORS or certified by Alpha Safety, this course can be delivered as a basic awareness, classroom based course for those operating abrasive wheels equipment in the workplace or a more comprehensive theory and practical training session to demonstrate safe usage.
This course is scheduled for groups only. Please contact us for prices and availability.
Please note: All publicly scheduled courses are NPORS Accredited. For further information about Private Course options, please contact us on 01792 585868 or email email@example.com
This course can also be delivered as an EUSR (Energy & Utility Skills Register) accredited programme where required. If you would like more information, please contact us online or call 01792 585868.
Please note: We currently only offer EUSR accredited qualifications as privately run courses.
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Determining the essential requirements for the selection, and ordering, of grinding wheels
- Regulations governing the supply and use of abrasive wheels
- Codes of practice for the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Correct PPE and usage of PPE
- Dismounting, Changing and Mounting of Abrasive Wheels
- Safe Techniques for Cutting & Grinding
- Practical Teaching
This course is essential for all operatives of abrasive wheels. Under Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998, all operatives must be adequately trained to use such equipment.
Multiple choice and short answer exam