RTITB Conversion Training
Alpha Industry Swansea
RTITB & Forklift
For operators within date licences, we offer the opportunity to cross-train from one type of forklift to another. Those with RTITB license can retrain from one type of Forklift to another. The programme typically takes 2 days to complete. Upon successful completion, you will gain an RTITB approved licence in the new discipline.
The training aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery including attachments. To have a working knowledge of how the various machines operate and to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions, including weight limits, and to carry out an effective pre-use check.
We are able to offer both accredited (RTITB) or Alpha certified on-site training and refreshers for counterbalance & reach forklift vehicles.
Our highly accomplished tutor can accommodate up to 3 students per course.
Day rates for training available from £300
If you have any questions regarding which course you should attend, please contact the office in advance
You must hold a current, valid counterbalance or reach truck licence to be eligible to complete this conversation course.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-charging of Diesel, Gas or Electric Counterbalance/Reach Forklift
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Counterbalance/Reach Forklift
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Working in and out of racking with the Counterbalance/Reach Forklift
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills