CITB e-Learning Health & Safety Awareness (e-HSA)Download PDF
The CITB Health & Safety Awareness e-Learning course allows you to learn in your own time at the comfort of your own home, whilst still providing the perfect pathway into the world of construction.
Whether you're taking your first steps to working in construction, or completing the HSA e-course in order to apply for your CSCS card, this is the perfect course for you.
On purchase of this course, we will email you with your unique voucher code and further details to access your CITB e-HSA course. You will firstly, need to create an account for the CITB e-Learning portal and then start your course by redeeming your voucher here.
By completing this course with Alpha Safety, you will access:
- Online interactive course learning modules
- A digital copy of HSA publication book (GE707)
- Certification upon successful completion of the modules & assessment
On completion of the e-course you will recieve:
- Access to your score report & pass mark via PearsonVue (the exam provider)
- A digital copy of your HSA certificate, available via the CITB e-Learning portal (valid for 5x years)
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA) course is part 1 of a 2-part process to gain your CSCS Green Labourers Card.
We also provide the CITB HS+E test (part 2) here at Alpha Safety along with supporting our learners in their CSCS labourer card application. For more information on booking a test or purchasing a CSCS card package at a discounted rate, head to Alpha Safety CITB Labourer Package
- You will need valid photographic ID (a passport or UK/EU driving licence)
- You will need access to a laptop or desktop with stable internet connection and a webcam
- If you haven’t done so already, be sure to test your system using the same network and computer you will use on the day of the exam (you can review the technical requirements by clicking here)
- If you are aged 16 to 18, your parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process with Pearson VUE
- The responsibilities you have for your safety and also the safety of others
- Maximising practical standards of safety on site
- How to control typical construction hazards
- Legal & Management duties & liabilities (including Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, RIDDOR 2015, Working at Height Regs 2005, COSHH 2002 to name a few)
- Working safely at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Use of work equipment such as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Occupational health & welfare
- Learn at your own pace - Explore the modules as many times as you require
- Save on costs - By studying online, you can save on the cost of transport and booking time off work
- Save on time - The e-course typically takes around 4x hours to complete, which is shorter than the classroom course
- Decide where & when - You decide the location you wish to study at and the time you want to do so, allowing you to develop your skills around your busy lifestyle
This e-course is tier 1 (£30) CITB levy grant claimable for any levy-registered organisations - Please ensure you provide your CITB levy number on redemtion of the voucher.
On completion of the course modules, you will then be invited to book your assessment via the CITB learning portal. You will then be prompted to select an exam slot.
The assessment lasts for 30 minutes and consists of 25 questions (20x 1 mark questions & 5x 2 marks). The assessment pass mark is 25 out of 30.