RTITB Over Head Gantry CraneDownload PDF
This training is essential for operatives using any form of overhead gantry lifting equipment. The course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery. This includes having a working knowledge of how the various machines operate and to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions, including weight limits, and to carry out an effective pre-use check.
COURSE TIMINGS & LIMITATIONS
- Novice | 8 Hours (Maximum 4 Students)
- Refresher | 6.5 Hours (Maximum 4 Students)
On completion of the RTITB course, you will recieve a E - Card & PDF Certificate.
Please contact us for further information including availability.
- Safe and efficient operation of an overhead crane
- Duties under the HASAWA and associated risks
- Pre-use inspection and maintenance
- Authorisation to operate
- Introduction to the controls
- Operating the crane in four directions
- Controlling hook swing
- Completion of pre-use inspection
- Basic signalling protocols
- Basic slinging techniques
The awarding body RTITB issue all certificates via PDF format. This will be emailed to the course booking contact on successful completion of the course, once returned from RTITB.
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre-Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills