Mental Health First AidDownload PDF
A Mental Health First Aider in the workplace is the ‘go-to person’ for anyone who is experiencing some form of mental health condition i.e. stress, anxiety or depression.
They will be responsible for ensuring a positive working environment, with the support and facilities that are required to promote good mental health. They will have the relevant knowledge to identify anyone who is showing signs of ill health i.e. a change in behaviour, body language or character.
The first aider will be there to help guide the person in distress and support where ever necessary and therefore, be able to intervene before it escalates.
This course is for first aiders in a workplace, managers, supervisors and general staff. It can be applied to any working environment i.e. construction, manufacturing, offices, healthcare, volunteers etc.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- What is mental health first aid
- The Mental health continuum
- The Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- First Aid for Mental Health (A.L.G.E.E)
- Depression and Suicide
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Action plan for depression
- Anxiety Disorders
- Action plan for anxiety disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Action plan for psychotic disorders
- Substance misuse
- Action plan for substance misuse
Group Activities, Discussion and on-going assessment throughout the course