HABC Level 4 Award in Managing Food SafetyDownload PDF
Managing food safety in any environment can be challenging. Those in a management role in the food sector need to be equipped with the knowledge to communicate safe standards to employees confidently.
??The Level 4 HABC food safety qualification ensures that managers are aware of the procedures and standards required to make sure that safe food is served at all times and that due diligence is taken.
It is advised that learners already hold the Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or equivalent. It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological Contamination and controls
- Physical contamination and controls
- Chemical contamination and controls
- Allergenic contamination and controls
- Foodborne illness
- Personal hygiene and training
- Design and use of food equipment and premises
- Food spoilage and preservation
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest management
- Introduction to HACCP and food safety management systems
- Food hazards and controls from purchase to service
- Food safety management systems and HACCP
- Role of the manager
This qualification takes account of the fact that the catering environment is dynamic and ever-changing, requiring a management style capable of dealing with many different situations. The sound theoretical knowledge gained through the qualification allows realistic and safe solutions to be delivered in any catering environment, from choosing safe suppliers to the service of safe food.
The awarding body Highfield issue all certificates via PDF format. This will be emailed to the course booking contact on successful completion of the course, once recieved from Highfield.
• 30 Question Multiple-Choice Examination.
• Written examination where learners choose from 4 of 6 questions.