HABC Level 2 Award in Principles Manual HandlingDownload PDF
This Manual Handling course will explain the inherent dangers of moving and handling, but more importantly, it will show you how to perform the tasks with a minimum of risk as possible to keep you safe. There are no prerequisites to enrol on this course, but a health questionnaire will be given upon arrival to the training centre.
MODULE 1 Reasons for Safe Manual Handling
- Definition of Manual Handling
- Causes of Musculoskeletal Injury
- Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury
- Function of the Spine
- Manual Handling Key Legislation
- Policies & Procedure
- Ergonomics & Risk Assessment
- Team Handling & Communication
MODULE B Manual Handling Processes & Assessing Risk
- Safer Handling of Loads
- Formal and Dynamic Risk Assessments
- Consideration of Other Factors
- Handling Awkward Loads
- Safe Storage of Inanimate Loads
- Correct Working Posture
- Safety checks on Handling Equipment
No matter where you work, you will at some time or another perform a task that requires the manual handling of an object. From a simple task like moving a chair from one office to another, to something more intense like taking a desk up or down a flight of stairs.
The awarding body Highfield issue all certificates via PDF format. This will be emailed to the course booking contact on successful completion of the course, once recieved from Highfield.
Multiple Choice Examination (30 Questions)