RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY
As a business, you have numerous obligations to meet under different legislative requirements of Health & Safety. Keeping compliant with the law is enough to overwhelm anybody.
- Do you know how many first-aiders your company needs?
- What’s involved in coming up with policies and procedures?
- How often should you revise your company's risk assessments?
With there being so many pieces of legislation to stay on top of, and compliance within the law being so important, why not let us take the stress out of complying with your responsibilities?
Alpha Safety can help you with the following:
- General Risk Management Guidance & Support
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Evacuation Plans
- Workplace Health & Safety inspections
- Preparation of Suitable & Sufficient Risk Assessments
- Developing & Implementation of Safe Systems of work
- Developing Policies and Procedures
- Devise, Implemention and Auditing of Risk Management systems (Integrated Mangement Systems)
- Identifying Training Needs & Facilitating Training
- Health & Safety Audits
- Accident Investigation
- Representation in Meetings with Enforcement Officers
- Legislation Updates
- Assume the Role of your Company's Competent Person
Focus on running your business. Why not allow us to take away the hassle of making sure you're meeting your legal obligations? Alpha Safety can offer a tailored service to businesses of all sizes. From a small office to multi-site manufacturing and construction organisations; our team of Consultants cover all of the UK, and have experience in a wide range of industries.
You have a legal and moral duty to ensure the safety of everyone that is potentially affected by your business. Utilising the services of a dedicated Health and Safety Consultant is more cost effective than you might think. Initial advice and consultation is free. Get in touch today to see how we can help.
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from using an external Health and Safety Consultant. While in house staff may understand the workings of your business it’s easy for a culture of complacency to arise, and for hazards and risks to get ignored. Having a third party take a look at your health and safety systems gives a more accurate and impartial idea of how closely you are complying with current legislation. Companies large and small can benefit from access to trained informed professionals that can act as their competent person.
In addition to offering general Health and Safety advice and training, we can offer more specialist guidance in subjects like Asbestos Awareness, COSHH, HACCP, Noise Reduction and much more.
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 requires employers to prevent or reduce risk to health and safety from exposure to noise at work.
Alpha Safety can measure and monitor the effects of elevated sound on your employees
As a business, you have a duty to assess the risk which affects your employees, understand acceptable noise limits and take actions to reduce exposure. Alpha Safety is able to perform a full noise survey of your premises and give guidance where required
- Static or background noise measurements
- Shift length personal dosimetry
- Octave band frequency analysis
- Analysis of hearing protection suitability
- Noise competency training courses
- Noise mapping
- Environmental noise measurement
Food Safety Management
Good food hygiene is essential for you to make or sell food that is safe to eat.
Local authorities are responsible for enforcing food hygiene laws. To do this, enforcement officers may visit your business premises to inspect them. These officers might come on a routine inspection, or they might visit because of a complaint. They have the right to enter and inspect your premises at any reasonable time and will usually come without telling you first.
You must put in place ‘food safety management procedures’ based on the principles of HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control point). You must also:
- keep up-to-date documents and records relating to your procedures
- review your procedures if you change what you produce or how you work in practice, this means that you must have procedures in place to manage food safety ‘hazards’ in your business. You must write these procedures down, update them as needed and keep records that can be checked by your local authority. The regulations are designed to be flexible, so these procedures can be in proportion to the size of your business and the type of work you do. This means that many small businesses will have very simple procedures and records. If you handle both raw and ready-to-eat food you may need to consider extra procedures to control harmful bacteria
Food Safety Audits
Food safety audits are a vital part of any food business and despite their reputation, they should not be feared! As well as helping you avoid bad publicity and enhance your reputation, they also demonstrate due diligence and reduce the risk of enforcement action.
At Alpha Safety our qualified consultants are here to assist you. Our Food Safety Consultants undertake audits and inspections in a wide range of food establishments including pubs, clubs, restaurants, takeaways, canteens, hospitals, care homes etc. Our audits assess compliance with current legislation, codes of practice and best practice and include a full inspection of your premises, including a detailed review of the procedures and HACCP documentation.
At the end of the audit, we will produce a report for your management team which can provide you with advice and guidance on improving your hygiene and safety performance (if necessary).
To discuss our bespoke services, contact us today!
Call us on 01792 585868 (option 2) or email: email@example.com