RTITB Pedestrian Pallet Truck (ABA category A1-A4)
RTITB & Forklift
This training is essential for operatives using any form of powered pallet truck; from pedestrian powered trucks to ride-on. The course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery including attachments. To have a working knowledge of how the various machines operate and to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions, including weight limits, and to carry out an effective pre-use check.
Please contact us for further information including availability.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-charging of Diesel, Gas or Electric Counterbalance Forklift
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the CounterBalance Forklift
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Working in and out of racking with the Powered Pallet Truck
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills