HABC Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely | All Wales Passport
Highfield ABC have designed this course specifically mapped against the NHS All Wales Passport Scheme; designed in partnership between the all-Wales Trust Manual Handling Advisers Group and the Health and Safety Executive. The course is designed to lead toward a more effective use of resources, reduce manual handling related staff injuries and to meet the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
In Module A we cover:
• Definition of manual handling • Causes of musculoskeletal injury • Preventing musculoskeletal injury • Function of the spine • Manual handling key legislation • Policies and procedure • Ergonomics and risk assessment • Team handling and communication •
In Module B we cover:
• Safer handling of loads • Formal and dynamic risk assessment • Consideration of other factors • Handling awkward loads • Safe storage of inanimate loads • Correct working posture • Safety checks on handling equipment •
In Module C we cover:
• Application of moving & positioning • People handing risk assessment • Posture whilst people handling • Practical application of sitting to standing • Safe handling of a fallen/falling service user •
In Module D we cover:
• Dangers of controversial techniques • Bed mobility and manoeuvres • Safe use of profile beds • Practical use of slide sheets •
In Module E we cover:
• Use of mechanical lifting aids • Safe selection of hoist slings • Practical scenarios using Hoists, stand aids, transfer boards and turntables •
All staff within the Care/Health Sector with an active part in moving or facilitating the movement of people should have this qualification. It is now recognised as THE standard qualification for the safe moving of people.
Multiple choice examination
Practical assessment by tutor
3 Years (annual interim refreshers recommended)