City & Guilds Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
his is a Framework qualification that confirms competency in work supervision in the construction industry. You will learn how to plan work activities and resources, maintain supplies of materials to meet project requirements and monitor and control work quantities and costs. You will also learn how to communicate effectively, supervise work activities and implement and monitor health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
You will then take two other optional units covering areas of work supervision such as implementing procedures to support the team’s performance in the workplace, monitoring work against schedules, circulation of project information or allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery or equipment.
All the units in the qualification relate to the skills and knowledge required to become a work supervisor in the construction industry and the optional units allow you to specialise in the areas you require to become qualified in, ensuring you are competent to undertake the job role.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Eligible candidates should be working as a site supervisor or assistant site manager in building and civil engineering, highways maintenance and repair, residential development, conservation or demolition. Before registering for this course we recommend an informal discussion with one of our assessors to ensure that you can meet the course criteria.
The course is comprised of 7 (5 Mandatory, 2 Optional) units covering topics relating to:
- Confirming to tan occupational method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising work operations in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
- Confirming work meets quality standards in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support the team's performance in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and confirming the dimensional control requirements of the workplace
- Contributing to the circulation of construction related project information in the workplace
You will take this Level 3 NVQ qualification if you are currently employed or have previously been employed in the construction industry and are required to supervise the work of others and wish to demonstrate your ability to work safely and competently to a recognised national standard.
NVQ Diplomas can teach you advanced skills and gain you employment, however, many large construction sites require the NVQ to demonstrate you are able to work safely and competently on- site.
When working on regulation sites Site Supervisors will be required to hold the CSCS Gold Card. This qualification represents the ideal route to gaining the card, allowing you access to work on bigger sites with larger organisations. Any ideal stepping stone for any Site Supervisors looking to progress their career.
Minimum Loan Value (12 month product) £250 (this is the total value less deposit)
Minimum Loan Value (24 & 36 month product) £450 (this is the total value less deposit)